Tuesday, January 27, 2009

She Just Gets Better and Better



So, Maddie had a great day today. We got to take a nice LOOOOOONG nap this morning, which was very needed, and then we just had a lazy, quiet day. After cleaning like crazy yesterday, I think we both really needed some time to just be, rather than to do. Maddie napped like a pro today, and we spent whatever time she wasn't sleeping just playing on the floor.

Maddie loves playing on her stomach so much. I remember, she absolutely HATED tummy time for awhile. She would either fuss or just lie on her tummy. Then, all of a sudden on December 15, she realized that she could push her chest totally off the floor and roll over! It all sort of happened at once; she pushed up until her arms were straight, and then she rolled. It was amazing to see her reaction - shock mixed with pride (because I was cheering and laughing, I'm sure). Then she just started rolling from back to front and front to back like a pro. She's turning into this little person more and more every day and moving farther and farther away from being just a "baby".

I included some video of Maddie's latest "communication" with me. Like I said yesterday, she either whines and squeals or has in-depth and very serious conversations. Guess which one this is...

Tomorrow, Maddie and I have plans to head to a play date and breakfast at one of our friends' houses. It's in the middle of her morning nap, so I guess we'll have to see how it goes...

UPDATE: Maddie just got her first real temperature. Not the milestone I was hoping to get to...it's at 101.7, so we're going to give her some Tylenol and hope it goes away, or it's to the doctor tomorrow instead of to Rachels.

No comments:

Post a Comment