Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maddie's On the Move!!


The last week has been much more dramatic than I care for. I don't want to go there again. Maddie was sick with the bladder infection, of course, which was more than enough to wreak havoc on my emotions. While she was on her antibiotics, Maddie developed a cold. So during the week, I forced antibiotics down her throat, sucked boogies out of her nose, dealt with my own ickiness, and struggled with my husband through some difficulties of his own. Today, life is finally calming down.

Maddie never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday, she got up on her hands and knees for the first time!! She also moved her knee forward and crawled her first crawl. Stretching it, I know, but still amazing to her mama. Today, Maddie spent a lot of time on her tummy, working to get on her hands and knees again. She's already getting more steady. She stayed up for a few seconds today, several times. Matt and I have decided it's time to start baby proofing the house!! I didn't think we'd have to worry about baby proofing until she was older. Who baby proofs their house when their child is four months old? I mean, come on!

Maddie has learned how to open up the diaper wipes and stick them in her mouth, get kleenex out of the box and stick them in her mouth, find receipts in my bag and stick them in her mouth...Let the baby proofing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment